Category Archives: Community

Wherever people gather, I’ll be there

The Panama Chronicles: Episode 5 – The Rearview Mirror

Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day. You shall begin it serenely and … Continue reading

Posted in Community, Conversations on Travel, Panama, Travel | Tagged , , , | Leave a comment

Running to Metamorphose

I’d like to spend this week promoting another project I’m working on and sharing some background as to why I’ve taken up long-distance endurance running.  The following post was originally posted at the home site for the Lymphedema Awareness Team, … Continue reading

Posted in At Home in California, At Home in Denver & the Rockies, Community, Running, Travel | Tagged , , , , | 4 Comments

Calling Other Travel Writers

I’m looking for guest writers here on graywanderings.com! I believe very deeply in the power and benefits of community.  Writing regularly on this blog over the last year has not only helped me connect with readers, but it has also … Continue reading

Posted in Community, Guest Writer Series, Travel | Tagged , , | Leave a comment

Morelia, Mexico: The Roots of Why I Travel

Something from the Vault: Volume #6 Just a week before my sixteenth birthday, I’m standing on the street in front of my language school in Morelia, Mexico, a bit bored, waiting for my ride to my home-stay. Or at least … Continue reading

Posted in Community, Something from the Vault, Travel | Tagged , , , , , , , | 2 Comments

Traveling with Others

On several occasions, I’ve heard the phrase “it’s not where we travel to but who we travel with that matters.” After a summer of visiting friends and family throughout the country, this saying has never rung so true. And I … Continue reading

Posted in Community, Conversations on Travel, Travel | Tagged , , | 2 Comments

Inspired Travel

Regardless of our attempts to act congenially, patient, happy, kind – you name the generous adjective – we are finicky, contentious, and easily frustrated creatures. And nothing highlights our irritability more than travel. Travel jerks us from our daily routines, … Continue reading

Posted in Community, Conversations on Travel, On the Road in America, Travel | Tagged , , , | 2 Comments

Road Music

Inspired by last week’s post about educator and dulcimer musician, Steve Hudson, I’ve been thinking a lot about music and the soundtracks we compile for road trips in the U.S. and adventures over seas. After The Doors self-titled album kept … Continue reading

Posted in Community, Conversations on Travel, On the Road in America, Travel | Tagged , , , , , , | Leave a comment